If you’re like most Mazda-3 owners in Hialeah, Kendall, Doral and Miami, you always want to know how your vehicle is functioning. This means that you need to know about the dashboard warning lights that may activate in your Mazda-3. The Mazda-3 provides several warning lights, some meant to alert you to serious issues and others that indicate a minor problem that needs to be addressed at some point in the future.
Use this Mazda-3 dashboard light guide to learn about the different lights in your vehicle and to decide if you need repairs from a service professional.
Most of the lights that you will see in your Mazda-3 are yellow indicator lights. While some of these lights mean you will need to schedule a maintenance check, it will usually not be an emergency situation. Yellow indicator lights you may see in your Mazda-3 include:
- Tire Pressure: When the pressure in one or more of your tires gets too low, you will see a light that looks like an exclamation point inside of a flat tire.
- Power Steering: A malfunction in your power steering system will be indicated by a light that looks like an exclamation point next to a steering wheel. Have this issue checked as soon as possible.
- Braking: The letters “ABS” inside of a circle mean that your anti-lock braking system is malfunctioning.
- Engine: If there is a non-emergency problem with your engine, you will see a light that looks like a yellow car engine.
If there is a problem with your Mazda-3 that warrants immediate attention, you will see a red warning light on your dashboard. Learning about these lights should help you stay calm if and when they activate. Mazda-3 red warning lights include:
- Air Bags: A malfunction with your airbag system is indicated by a light that looks like a deployed airbag in front of a car passenger.
- Oil: If you see a red oil lamp on your dashboard, it means that the oil pressure engine is unsafely low. Get your engine checked immediately after seeing this light.
- Battery: You will be alerted to a problem with your car’s charging system by a red warning light that looks like a car battery.
- Braking System: The word “BRAKE” underneath a circle and an exclamation point can either mean that your brake fluid is too low or that you are driving your car with the parking brake activated.
- Headlights: If there is a problem with your headlights, you will see a red headlight with an exclamation point inside.
Mazda-3 Dashboard Light Guide Help
Now that you know more about the dashboard lights in your Mazda-3, you’ll be ready when one of these lights activates. If you have questions about this Mazda-3 light guide, or if a light has activated and you need service, your best option is visiting Ocean Mazda.
Ocean Mazda provides a wide range of dealership services to customers from Doral, Kendall, Miami and Hialeah, including a service and parts department. When your Mazda-3 needs maintenance, the professionals in the Ocean Mazda service and parts department can find the issue and get you back on the road.