The Mazda CX-9 is one of the best vehicles that you could choose to drive around Doral, Miami, Hialeah and Kendall. However, even the most dependable vehicle can run into problems, which is why the CX-9 provides a variety of dashboard warning lights to let you know when there’s a problem with your vehicle.
If you’re not familiar with the dashboard symbols in your Mazda CX-9, it can be a good idea to learn what a few of them mean so that you can stay calm when they activate. Here is a quick Mazda CX-9 dashboard light guide from Ocean Mazda that you can use to learn about the different warning lights featured in this vehicle.
Red Warning Lights
When driving your vehicle, there’s nothing more stressful than having a warning light activate. These lights generally mean that there is a major issue with your vehicle that needs to be addressed immediately. Some of the most common red warning lights in the Mazda CX-9 include:
- Brake Warning: This light looks like an exclamation point in a circle with the word ‘BRAKE’ underneath. When you see this light, it either means that your parking brake is active or that your brake fluid is low.
- Oil Pressure: If the engine oil pressure in your Mazda CX-9 dips too low, you will see a red light that looks like an oil lamp.
- Engine Temperature: A red light that looks like a thermometer in water means that your engine is overheating. Reduce your speed or pull over to allow your vehicle to cool.
- Charging: When there is a problem with the charging system in your vehicle, a light that looks like a car battery will activate.
Yellow Indicator Lights
Your Mazda CX-9 also feature several yellow indicator lights used to alert you to less severe issues. These lights include:
- Anti-Lock Brakes: If there is a malfunction with your anti-lock brakes, you will see a light that is in the shape of a circle containing the letters “ABS”.
- Low Oil: A yellow oil lamp light will activate when your engine oil level is too low. Replenish your oil the next time you stop for fuel.
- Fuel: When you see a yellow fuel pump light, it means your fuel is low and needs to be refilled.
- Tire Pressure: Your tire pressure monitoring system will activate a light that looks like a flat tire with an exclamation point when your tire pressure is too low.
- Engine: A yellow light that looks like a car engine activates when your engine needs a maintenance check.
Mazda CX-9 Dashboard Symbols Help
Having a warning light activate in your Mazda CX-9 can be very concerning, particularly if you don’t know what it means. Fortunately, with this Mazda CX-9 dashboard light guide, you’ll always know if the warning light you’re seeing is serious enough to need attention. If you decide your vehicle needs a repair, then you should be sure to visit the service and parts department at Ocean Mazda.
Ocean Mazda is proud to offer our customers from Miami, Kendall, Hialeah and Doral with comprehensive dealership services, including regular maintenance. Whether you’re interested in purchasing a new or pre-owned car, or need a tune-up for your current vehicle, Ocean Mazda is your best choice.