2016 Mazda CX-5 Review
If you’re interested in a compact SUV with a versatile all-wheel drive system, powerful engine performance specifications, and a host of high-tech safety features, then it’s time to consider the 2016 Mazda CX-5.
Our team at Ocean Mazda wrote this review of the Mazda CX-5 for our customers in Doral, Miami, Hialeah, and Kendall.
Don’t hesitate to reach out to us if you have any questions about this compact SUV, or if you’d like to take it for a test drive and experience it first-hand.
Mazda CX-5: i-ACTIV AWD® System
One of the primary reasons that drivers choose an SUV is so they can follow the adventure, wherever it might take them.
This means it’ll need an all-wheel drive system that promotes stability and traction, regardless of the terrain.
Enter Mazda’s i-ACTIV AWD® (All-Wheel Drive) System. It employs a multitude of sensors to detect when AWD is necessary, and then activates it automatically. It works to mitigate wheel slip beforeit happens, giving you a reassuring sense of control and confidence.
Engine Performance: Horsepower, Torque, and Efficiency
If you go with the 2016 Mazda CX-5’s standard 2.0L 4-cylinder engine, you’ll have a great deal of power at your command. In fact, so much power that it’ll hardly strike some as standard.
Horsepower: It delivers up to 155 horsepower—no upgrades required.
Torque: It also generates as much as 150 lb-ft of torque.
Efficiency: Best of all, it does this without sacrificing efficiency. The CX-5’s engine achieves maximum EPA-estimated fuel economy ratings of 26 MPG in the city and 35 MPG on the highway.1
Intelligent Safety Systems: i-ACTIVSENSE®
Finally, there’s safety. And what could be more important than safety? After all, you plan on having your friends and family in the car, right?
Here’s an overview of some of the various available systems that the 2016 Mazda CX-5 offers.
- Rear Cross-Traffic Alert: Audible and visual warnings let you know if there’s a vehicle approaching either of your sides from the rear.
- Adaptive Front-Lighting System: The headlights can angle up to 15 degrees as you turn, for optimal visibility.
- Advanced Blind Spot Monitoring: There’s a chime/warning light when there’s another car occupying one of your blind spots, warning you before you change lanes or merge.
- Additional systems: Smart Brake Support (for speeds above 10 MPH), Smart City Brake Support (for speeds as low as 2 MPH), and Distance Recognition Support System (for speeds above 19 MPH).
These are just some of the many ways that Mazda’s suite of safety technology features has you covered. Per the manufacturer’s website, i-ACTIVSENSE® has your back (and your sides).
Test Drive the 2016 Mazda CX-5 at Ocean Mazda
If you live in Doral, Miami, Hialeah, or Kendall, we’d like to invite you to take the 2016 Mazda CX-5 for a spin. Contact us at Ocean Mazda, and we’ll set you up right away.
Just call, chat with us online, or stop by our dealership to speak with a representative.
1. Up to an EPA-estimated 26 city/35 highway MPG for 2016 Mazda CX-5 Sport FWD models with manual transmission. Automatic transmission models, 26 city/33 highway MPG. AWD models, 24 city/30 highway MPG. Actual results will vary.