2018 Mazda MX-5 Miata RF Dashboard Symbols
The 2018 Mazda MX-5 Miata RF is one of the best versions of this top-selling roadster. You’ll fly through the streets of Doral, Miami, Hialeah, and Kendall with ease when you’re behind the wheel of this world-class vehicle thanks to its superior handling and impressive power. The last thing you’d want is for that drive to be ruined by an unexpected dashboard light that you’re not familiar with.
The Mazda MX-5 Miata RF’s dashboard symbols do serve an important purpose, however, as they let you know there may be something wrong with your automobile. Knowing the dashboard symbols found inside your Mazda also has the added benefit of making you feel safe and secure; if one of these little lights does happen to pop up, you’ll know what it means and how to react.
Learn about the most important 2018 Mazda MX-5 Miata RF dashboard symbols with our handy guide!
The Mazda MX-5 Miata RF’s warning lights are the ones you especially need to watch out for. Usually depicted in either yellow or red, these lights indicate a problem with your vehicle. They’re not all equally severe, so you need to know the differences between them and how to respond appropriately.
- Airbag malfunction: This light appears to be a person sitting buckled in a seat with a circle in front of them and means there’s a problem with your airbag system. Get this fixed right away.
- Check engine: We all dread seeing this light. Appearing as an old engine block, it could indicate a number of problems from a misfire to an emissions issue.
- Engine oil level: If you see a light that looks like an old oil lamp, it means your engine oil is too low. You could have a leak or you might simply need a change.
- Tire pressure: This light has the appearance of a slightly deflated tire with an exclamation point in the middle. If you see this, your tire pressure is too low and needs attention.
- Anti-lock brake malfunction: This light looks like the letters “ABS” inside a circle and indicates a problem with your anti-lock brakes.
- Brake warning: Unlike the anti-lock brake light, this one indicates a problem with your overall braking system. It looks like an exclamation point within a circle above the word “BRAKE.” You might’ve just left your parking brake on, however, so be sure to check that first.
Quite a few lights on your Mazda MX-5 Miata RF’s dashboard merely indicate you’ve activated one of its many features. They’re typically depicted in green, although some are yellow, so make sure you know the differences between them and similar-looking warning lights.
- Lane Departure System: This light looks like a bird’s-eye view of a car between two parallel lines and indicates your Lane Keeping Assist is turned on when it’s green. If it’s yellow, it’s an indicator that you’re exiting your lane improperly.
- Cruise control: When you activate your cruise control, you’ll see a light that looks like a speedometer with an arrow pointing at the needle.
- Mazda Radar Cruise Control: Like normal cruise control, this light looks like a speedometer with the needle pointing at a car. Meanwhile, an arrow is pointing to a spot farther down the speedometer.
Visit Our Service Center
After our 2018 Mazda MX-5 Miata RF dashboard symbol guide, you’ll know exactly what to look out for. Should you spot any dashboard lights that suggest you need maintenance, you’ll need to find a quality service center in the Doral, Miami, Hialeah, and Kendall areas.
For quality you can count on, the technicians at Ocean Mazda have you covered. They know the Mazda MX-5 Miata RF inside and out and can always offer the quick, quality service you deserve. Contact us to schedule your service appointment today!